Thursday, January 11, 2018

Principle One: Bringing Your Dream into Focus

The first principle of the book is all about bringing your dream into focus. How can we get what we want out of life if we don't even know what we want or, more importantly, WHO WE ARE. Yes, you have to know your true self or at least feel her to find your heart's desire. I went through a breakup about 7 years ago and I did the soul searching, I found that inner peace, that happiness that exists independent of anything else, I connected to my spirit and started to discover some of the secrets to life and enlightenment. No, I am not enlightened, but I am wise, and I say that with no ego or expectation. It is something I know, deep down in my soul. I know I am wise. I know that all the answers I need exist inside myself. I feel a connection to my spirit, the issue is I don't take the time to water the garden of my soul. I don't take the time to grow and nurture my most vital connection to spirit, and so that is what I am setting out to do now. 

This chapters tells us that "desire directs focus.." and that "whatever you clearly focus on you create." It's more than just the power of positive thinking, it is intentionally directing your focus to vividly and in great detail imagine what your heart desires. If you can see it then you can achieve it. The more colorful and alive your dream is the more likely you will be to attain it. I used to think, " I want to be skinny. I want to own a house. I want to have money saved." Now I fully envision those desires. 

I imagine myself 125lbs lighter, and I am at a Mariner's game and it's a little too warm, but just perfect for the ball park. I am wearing cutoff jean shorts and a Mariners t shirt with a baseball cap and my long hair in a pony tail coming out the back of the cap. I see myself, slender, fitting easily into the seat. There is no shame when I have to get up and everyone else has to stand up to let me out the row and I'm not worried about if I'm too big to fit in front of these men as I head toward the isle. I know I fit, with ease. My skin is tanned and my freckles are pronounced, thanks to the sun exposure. My shoulders are slender and my legs look really long in these cut off shorts. I'm not hiding my stomach or my arms or myself. I am happy, my team is winning, and I'm eating garlic fries with no guilt as to who is seeing my eat or shame for being fat and enjoying food. I am a healthy weight. 

I no longer just say "I want to own a house." I can see the house I want to own in such great detail that sometimes I wonder if I've already been there or seen it in a dream. It is secluded from neighbors, somewhere outside the city maybe a 30 minute drive, not too far. It's a one story house with a wrap around porch. To the right there is a small lake, not big enough for a motor boat, but certainly for a paddle board or to swim in during the summer. To the right is the barn, and I have a small farm of just rescued animals. a pig, a donkey, a cow, some chickens, and 2 goats. My 2 dogs love to chase to chickens, and our cat lays on the porch railing just watching them in disgust. The driveway is gravel, and the house isn't visible from the main road. Surrounded by evergreens and wildflowers. To enter the french front doors you walk up 4 wide steps, and enter into one great room, the heart of the house. The ceilings are open and vaulted with beams. In the back left corner is the kitchen, with a large island, and a colorful mosaic backsplash just above the stove. In the back right is the long natural wood table that seats 10, it's huge, almost like a picnic table and a beautiful bouquet of peonies sits right in the middle. When you first walk in the door, to the left is the family room, a big comfy couch with lounge chairs and ottomans and big TV screen, to the right is another seating area lined with built in bookshelves that hold all my books, and the perfect reading nook. Also, there is a long desk next to the window with my laptop and notes. There are 2 hallways, one off the right side of the main living area, and the other off the left side. To the right are all the guest bedrooms. 4 rooms to be exact and 2 baths. To the right is the master suite with a stand alone tub and a large window and a beautiful plush bed. Behind the kitchen is access to the basement, where we have a media and game room. That is where we watch movies as a family, play video games, and watch Seahawk games. 

I see this house clear as day, it is as if I already live there. I think that is the point of principle one, to focus your attention and intention and the universe will respond in miraculous ways. If you are confused about your desire or what to focus on this chapter is great in helping you prioritize your dreams and express your true and immediate wants. Now even though I can envision my house, what I found after going through the work book section of the first principle is that I have more immediate needs that my heart desires first. The book asks you to rank your desires in order of priority and provides a list of 10 areas of focus. 

Here is my rank:
1. Health and Body
2. Creative Expression
3. Spiritual
4. Work
5. Relationships
6. Finances
7. Home
8. Travel/ Adventure
9. Special Intention
10. Possessions

Clearly home is #7 on the list, so I will address that at one point and it can't hurt to bring it into focus now, but I have more pressing desires and they are health and body, creative expression, and spirituality.  

Chapter one ends by directing you in a meditation, it's very simple: find a quiet place, direct your attention inward, focus on your breath and ask your higher self " What is it that I desire now?" You are to let the thoughts and feelings come without judgement and after 10 minutes or so, write down your 3 current desires. I was immediately flooded with words and feelings, love, healing, creativity, forgiveness, love of myself, healing from old wounds, creative connection. Connection, growth, peace, love, love, love, creativity, connection to others, forgiveness of others, forgiveness of self. The words kept flashing into my mind, and by the time my mediation was over I was left with 3 very clear desires. 

I Makayla Grisham, use the full power of my intention and attention to create the following desires now:
1. Love myself though caring for my mind, body, and spirit. 
2. Healing old wound through acceptance and forgiveness of myself and others. 
3. Creative connection through blogging my journey and writing open letter to those I feel have hurt me. 

Stay tuned...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment